Dreams for the Fandom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No way this can be healthy

3 posters

Go down

No way this can be healthy Empty No way this can be healthy

Post  matoal Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:58 pm

I've been eating nothing but chiken wings and gulping down honey today. Almost all the food I eat is junk. I can't stay awake and I'm failing 3 classes because of it also the stomach pain. My diet consist of chiken, honey, soda, and burgers. The doctor said I'm too unhealthy. What to do? I want to quit but It's just so addicting!
Anyway I can break this habit?
matoal
matoal

Location : The deep confines of my warped and twisted imagination

Back to top Go down

No way this can be healthy Empty Re: No way this can be healthy

Post  Musashi_HUmar Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Think of it this way. A moment at the lips, but an eternity at the hips. Or, when you start to get cravings, think about it turning into something scary or disgusting. That'll take a way your appetite. lol
Musashi_HUmar
Musashi_HUmar
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post  SiLK Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:01 am

Try some healthier alternatives. A little honey is fine, try drinking a cup of hot tea with a spoonful of honey mixed in.
Avoid anything that's fried, breaded, or from any fast food chain if you can, or allow yourself only one taste a day. It takes discipline, but it is worth it.
I allow myself one big meal a day, but that means that the rest of the day has to be healthy. I'll have half a mug of coffee or a mug of tea, no breakfast past that, and for lunch I usually have canned salmon, minced onions in balsamic vinegar spray, or something healthy like that.
That leaves me free to have a satisfying dinner like eggplant parmesan, venison steak, or something like that.
Once each month I let myself be really bad and have pizza or a hoagie, or something unhealthy like that.

I lost weight simply by cutting out some things. I stopped using coffee syrups and started using Truvia instead. It's a natural sweetener with no calories.
I also stopped eating ice cream, except once a week as a treat if I really missed it. And only two scoops tops.
And no more potato chips, now if I get the munchies I'll have an apple or sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, plain popcorn, or soy crisps with apple cinnamon flavoring. It's better than it sounds! I also love carrots, they have a natural sweetness and crunch that's just perfect for snacking!

The final rule is to make it a point to exercise.
I really love my wii fit, it tells me if I've gained or lost weight, what might be causing it, what I can do to improve, and it encourages me.
If you don't have a wii though, it's great exercise to jog up and down a staircase. Just be sure to straighten your leg after each step. It'll burn a little at first, but that passes fast as your leg burns off some fat and becomes more toned.
swimming, hiking, speed walking, and climbing are all fantastic ways to exercise if you are able to do any of those!
(especially swimming, it make you more buoyant so you don't feel as heavy as you exercise)

One little note - that hungry feeling is your body trying to burn calories. If you find a distraction and let it continue, your body will use its fat cells for a meal and help you lose weight that way.
The rule is no food within the three hours before you go to bed.
Of course I'm not saying don't eat, that never works XD
Just don't give in to that gnawing feeling every single time that you get it. Stick to two or three meals a day, and count any large snack as a meal.
Count your calories and try to keep them under 1000. The human body only required 1500 calories a day to maintain its weight, but to lose some excess you have to eat less calories. I would aim for 800 a day, but it's okay if you end up going up to 1000. Don't push yourself too hard.

How long you keep it up depends on your height and weight, and I don't think there's any need for you to share that here Smile

So in short, cut out what's unhealthy, find a healthier alternative that you like the taste of, and find a method of exercise that works for you.
If you stick with it, it will become habit and you won't miss any of the old stuff you've given up. You'll be surprised at just how quickly you can lose some weight and become healthier this way!
SiLK
SiLK
Admin
Admin

https://dreamsforthefandom.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum