Dreams for the Fandom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nights in the Dreamworld

Go down

Nights in the Dreamworld Empty Nights in the Dreamworld

Post  Brisingr Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:58 pm

This is my Fanfiction. Some stuff maybe wrong, and I and sorta slacking on writing it at the moment. I'm trying to publish a book, or write one worth publishing, so let me know what you think!!! Please!

Chapter One

BLUEBERRi once again found himself flying around the Dream Gate, looking into the far distance of the black sea. Owl popped up when he flew toward the fountain.

“If you collect dream drops,” he said, “they will appear in this fountain.”

“Shut up, Owl,” BLUEBERRi replied, “I don’t care.”

“BLUEBERRi, how mean!” Exclaimed NiGHTS.

“Sorry, but I really couldn’t care less.” BLUEBERRi stated.

Owl disappeared; somewhat shocked that someone had been bold enough to tell him what he or she really thought about him.

“Look what you did, BLUEBERRi.”

“What, tell the truth?”

NiGHTS landed on the ground and stomped his/her foot. BLUEBERRi would have blushed if he could, but alas he could not. That’s when the Dream Gate opened and a Visitor walked through.

Ah, BLUEBERRi thought, saved by the Dreamer. “What’s your name, Visitor?” NiGHTS asked as s/he flew toward the frightened Dreamer.

“Mike,” the human managed to say. “Who are you?”

“I’m NiGHTS.”

“And I’m BLUEBERRi.” He said as he drifted downward.

Owl popped into existence again, and BLUEBERRi restrained himself. “Hello there Visitor,” said the bird, “I’m Owl, and you are in the Dreamworld.”

“You don’t want to listen to this bird do you, Mike?” NiGHTS wondered.

“Oh, okay, I see how it goes. I’m not allowed to say what I want to about Owl, yet you can say THAT to a Visitor?” BLUEBERRi crossed his arms.

NiGHTS ignored the other Nightmaren. “Fly with me, Mike.”

“Huh?”

“NiGHTS has the power to dueilize with Visitors.” Said Owl.

“As do I.”

“Well, how ‘bout it, Mike?” NiGHTS asked.

“What’s dueilize?”

“Due-a-lize and it’s hard to explain unless you know what it’s like, so how about it, Mike?” NiGHTS asked as she held out her hand.

Mike was hesitant.

“Aw, come on, Mike,” said BLUEBERRi, “flying’s fun.”

Mike slowly held out his hand and touched NiGHTS and there was a bright flash of light, and Mike was no longer standing there, but floating.

“Woah,” said Mike through NiGHTS.

“ ‘Woah' is right.” BLUEBERRi said.

Mike looked up. “What’s that thing?” he asked.

“OCTOPAW!!” NiGHTS yelled. “CHASE HIM! CHASE HIM! CHASE HIM!”

Mike tried to move upwards, but it seemed like he was stuck. “How do you move this thing?!”

“‘This thing’ is my body and you move it like this” NiGHTS said as she showed him.

“Oh, okay.”

“You try it now.” NiGHTS said as she went limp and started falling toward the ground. BLUEBERRi wanted to rush towards NiGHTS and catch him/her, but he did not because he knew that NiGHTS would take control if the Visitor couldn’t. All he could do was watch. Just as it looked too late, and as NiGHTS was about to take her body back, she stopped falling; she was upside down, but she had stopped. BLUEBERRi sighed in relief, and the Visitor struggled to right himself. He did so and tried to fly up, the way NiGHTS showed him. Mike quickly soared up into the sky. When he got up really high Owl appeared again and said:

“You can’t go up that high, Visitor, for it will strike too much fear in your heart.”

Mike floated down as Owl disappeared again.

“Is he always like that?” Mike asked.

“Pretty much yeah.” BLUEBERRi said, suddenly beside Mike making him jump. “Oh, sorry, I thought that you heard my star trail…” BLUEBERRi held up his right hand and Mike saw that there were little star-like sparkles that came out of it. (Or was it coming out of his sleeve?) “NiGHTS has a star trail, too.”

Mike held up NiGHTS’s hand and saw the little sparkles. “What are these for?”

“Paralooping, if you fly in a loop you paraloop if you fly into the stars in the star trail.”

“What’s Paralooping?”

“I guess your kind would describe it as a sort of vacuum. It sucks up nearby Nightopians, Nightmarens, and blue chips.”

“Please, can we just chase Octopaw already?” NiGHTS wanted to know.

“Where is he?” asked the Visitor.

“Just follow the rings.”

Mike looked around, and sure enough he saw these yellow rings. “Let’s try it.”

“Yes!”

Mike sped off towards the rings.

“Now,” said NiGHTS, “You’ll want to fly through the middle of the rings.”

“Like this?” said Mike as he flew through the first ring.

“Yes, exactly like that.”

“What happens if we catch Octopaw?”

“Well, if we do catch him—“

“But most of the time we don’t really,” interrupted BLUEBERRi.

“Thanks for the interruption, BLUEBERRi.” NiGHTS said.

“Your welcome.”

“As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, if we catch Octopaw we just let him go.”

“Why?” Mike asked.

“So we can have our fun while the Dreamers are in the waking world.” BLUEBERRi stated.

After NiGHTS had taught Mike how to fly, Mike had a question. “BLUEBERRi,” Mike asked, “you said something about Nightopians. What is a Nightopian?”

“It’s easier to show you than to try to explain it.” BLUEBERRi answered.

“Umm, okay.”

NiGHTS flew to one of the doors at the Dream Gate.

Brisingr
Brisingr

Back to top Go down

Nights in the Dreamworld Empty Re: Nights in the Dreamworld

Post  Brisingr Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:59 pm

“What is this place?” Asked Mike.

“One of the many places here in the Dream World.” NiGHTS answered. “Isn’t it just wonderful?” She asked Mike as she did a barrel roll in the sky.

Mike made a strange noise that BLUEBERRi had heard humans make before, “I guess so,” the human finally stated.

“Woah,” BLUEBERRi said, “Umm, NiGHTS, isn’t that Reala up ahead?”

NiGHTS looked up, “I hope not.”

“Reala,” Mike wondered, “Who’s Reala?”

“Dueilize with BLUEBERRi, Mike, and go!” NiGHTS said as she held her hand out and BLUEBERRi took it.
Mike was forced to leave NiGHTS’s body and share one with BLUEBERRi. BLUEBERRi took off flying and headed towards some mountains, but stopped and hid in some bushes that were far way enough where Reala would not sense a human’s presence.

“Well, well, NiGHTS, what a wonderful surprise.” Said Reala.

“Reala.” Was the only greeting that NiGHTS offered.

“Is that how you greet your sibling, NiGHTS?”

“What are you hear for, Reala?”

“Wizeman has given me orders to capture you.”

“Doesn’t he always?”

Reala did not respond, but a cage did. It appeared out of nowhere and captured NiGHTS.

“Reala,” said a feminine voice, “Wizeman summons you.”

“Alda, tell him that I will come, I just have to finish off NiGHTS.”

“He wants you now, Reala,” said the Nightmarren who was named Alda. Alda looked as beautiful as the mountains themselves. (S)he was like the water that flows thought the streams, and Alda had two sets of horns, one was the traditional set while the others sat on top of those and they resembled horns of that of a dragon. Her/his face was heart shaped and their legs were white, (s)he has a black coat, and deep, dark blue horns, which alternated between deep blue and black with a single black stripe down between the two sets of her horns. Her/his Dragon horns were a brown and goldish color. Her collar was like a midnight sky. Alda wore boot like skins that were a light brown in color. BLUEBERRi had seen nothing like this ‘Marren before.

“Dude,” thought Mike, bringing BLUEBERRi out of his trance. “Not cool, why did he impression NiGHTS for?”

“Long story, we’ll explain later”

“‘We’? Who’s we?” Asked Mike, clearly not seeing how he would be the one to spring NiGHTS from his/her cage.

“You have the red Idya, don’t you?”

“You mean this?” Mike wondered as he held up BLUEBERRi's hand and it glowed red.

“Yes, that. With it you can climb up that chain and free NiGHTS.”

“Huh?”

“You’ll see later, just do it!” BLUEBERRi forced Mike to undueilize with him as soon as Reala and Alda left. “Go, now, before it’s too late!”

“Alright, alright, gah!” Mike ran off to the cage.

“DON’T LET THE AWAKERS GET YOU!” BLUEBERRi called after him.

“The what?!”

“GO, GO, GO!”

Mike climbed up the chain and entered NiGHTS’s cage. NiGHTS immediately dueilize with Mike, clearly this was not the first time (s)he had been captured. NiGHTS flew out of the cage.

“Thanks, Mike,” said NiGHTS after they had chased down the bird that held the key to the cage that they had already escaped from.

“Don’t mention it,” Mike replied, “but I don’t see the reason why we had to chase that bird in the first place…”

“If the bond is broken with the Visitor, that’s you, then I go back into the cage.”

“But that doesn’t make any sense; how can you go BACK into the cage?”

“I can’t explain it, it just sort of… pulls me back in…”

“I still don’t understand.” Mike saw BLUEBERRi appear from the hiding spot. “You!” Mike pointed to him using NiGHTS’s hand to point “You said that you would explain all this to me; you better start explaining!”

“Calm down, Mike” NiGHTS said. “We’ll explain once you calm down.” Said NiGHTS as (s)he flew back to the Dream Gate.
Brisingr
Brisingr

Back to top Go down