Dreams for the Fandom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pickle's Stay in the Waking World

Go down

Pickle's Stay in the Waking World Empty Pickle's Stay in the Waking World

Post  MagicPickleFairy Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:08 pm

I think this is a good name for a Life Journal. Since my Dream Journal is called, "Pickle's Trips to the Dream World."

I had a busy weekend, I went to three parties and I had my Hungarian Lesson. They were mostly graduation parties, since it was graduation season.

The first party I went to was a Birthday party of a friend of mine. She had a tea party, with this wonderful Lemon Tea. Everyone was dressed in the Gothic Lolita style (When people dress in Victorian like outfits) and I took a lot of pictures. Yet for the safety of my friends, I will not show you any here.

The second party was a college graduation party for the step brother and sister of a long time friend. I mostly talked with my friends, although her cousins played some video games. The only time I even touched the controller was when they were playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I wanted to give it a try, and I acctually wasn't that rusty. I have talked to many people that I didn't get to talk to that often, and it was fun!

I went to a High School graduation party of a Middle School friend of mine that was also my neighbor that I play video games with a lot of the time. I didn't know that many people, but I talked about video games with some of my friend's friends. They were really into video games.

I usually don't get that much excitement for one weekend. Probably my journal entries will be shorter than this. At least I hope so...
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Pickle's Stay in the Waking World Empty Re: Pickle's Stay in the Waking World

Post  MagicPickleFairy Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:11 pm

So I went to an Anime Convention this weekend, which was fun. I managed to meet a NiGHTS cosplayer, which I was able to get a picture of, and we hugged. (I was being a squealing fangirl...as usual.)

I have also bought some cat ears and a cat tail. They are very cute. Although my dogs went wild when they saw the tail. I am hoping that it isn't made of real fur. I am not really against fur as clothing items. I just feel sorry for the animal that got their fur dyed pink then made into a tail. I probably shouldn't fret it though, the deed was already done.

I am planning to wear the cat ears and tails to college for the first day. Mostly for a way for people to know me in a way. I did the same thing at a summer arts camp I went to in my younger years, and it worked. People knew me as, "the girl with the cat ears." It may seem immature, but I'm very shy, and I make friends more easily if I look odd.
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicPickleFairy Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:48 am

In a week or so, I will be starting my trip to school for the year. I haven't done anything to get ready, and I'm kind of nervous about going to school, although kind of excited too.

As many would remember last year, I had trouble making friends at the last school that I went to, and was lonely (One year film school, dropped out after a semester). My parents keep on assuring me that the reason for my loneliness if because I was in a huge city. The school that I will be going to now is in a small town, which is the polar opposite of my last school. Also, I've been contacting future first years at my school via Facebook and they seem more friendly than the people that I studied with in the city. So I think making friends may not be a problem at my school.

My home is very far away from my school, but my older sister lives halfway, so I'll be visiting her along with way to my school. My mom is very excited about seeing my sister, especially since my mom hasn't seen her in four months. Also, she recently got two puppies, I have only seen pictures, but they're so adorable, I can't wait to see them in real life.
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicPickleFairy Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:47 pm

So tomorrow I will start my trip to college in Illinois. I live in the East Coast, so it will be a far drive over to the Midwest. As noted in my last entry, I will be making a stop to my sister's who I haven't seen since her College Graduation.

Also, for a heads up, from September 6th to September 12th I will have a week without internet. My one exception will be to check Email. My reasoning is kind of warped, but it has to do with getting out there and making friends at college. I failed at making friends last year at one year film school, and I think it has to do with me spending too much time on the internet. I really love you guys, and will miss you lots!
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicPickleFairy Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Wow, I haven't posted in a while.

Yeah, my life wasn't going so well, stress overtook me and it got me kicked out of college.

I found out about a college that are for people without very good study skills, and the admissions staff said that there are plenty of stressed people on the campus, so I applied and got admitted. Right now I am somewhere on the east coast, being closer to family helps.

I'm actually still am stressed, but I'm learning not to make my stress my whole life. Also, I am learning new study skills that I haven't learned before.

Just wanted to let you guys know that life is going well for me. Still stressed, but handling well.
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicPickleFairy Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:16 pm

School is going great for me, my grades are decent, I'm learning better study skills and had actually made friends. I am less stressed, even with more workload than my last college. I feel like I am more on task with things like homework and note taking. Yet I will say that I'm still stressed, but stress is what keeps a student going.

Anyways, I have two poster fairs next week. One of them is for natural sciences, in which I did on the common mushroom...yeah, not the most exciting thing to do a research about, but I had five seconds to choose a topic and I wanted to do a kingdom that no one else would do, so I chose the fungus. I have finished that poster tonight, which is why I am up this late. Also, the fact that a drank a bottle of Mountain Dew.

My second poster is actually interesting. At first I chose Cult Media, but I've narrowed it down to The Rocky Horror Picture Show's cult. These people are very fascinating, they take the movie so seriously most scholars say that they want to be part of the movie, which is why they shout out cometary, throw stuff at each other and wear costumes. I love this topic a lot!

So, yes, my personal life is doing well.
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicPickleFairy Mon May 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Ya sas, everyone!

Last week of classes for me! Hooray!

I really can't wait until Summer, I will have a week with my family and High School friends, then I will be going to Greece for a Humanities course. I will be in Greece May 22nd to June 12th, but I won't be gone. Just not checking up on the forums as often. My Greek teacher said that there are internet cafes in the area we're staying at, so I won't be posting at the Comings and Going forum unless if I'm really busy, or if the cafes are expensive.

I am also taking a Math class this summer to get into the Algebra class at my school, so I can get my Math Credit down. I am not a fan of math, but once I get it done this Fall, then I won't be needing to take Math for a while.

I will also be attending Otakon again this summer. I will be cosplaying as NiGHTS from NiGHTS into Dream, Calliope from God of War and dress is Sweet Lolita. The Gothic Lolita style has always fascinated me, not something to be my regular wardrobe, but I have one outfit for conventions or occasions.

Yeah...I have a life beyond school...even if one thirds of my summer is taking classes.
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicPickleFairy Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Yeah, my friends are playing Super Smash Brothers in my girlfriend's room using my Wii, what has the word gotten to?

Okay, this semester I have made a lot of new friends, lost some old friends and I now have a girlfriend. I am doing awesomely at classes, I had straight A's at my midterm but one of my classes lowered to a B+ due to my bad test taking in Anthropology.

My roommate hates NiGHTS into Dreams because of the faux 3D environment when the dreamers merge with NiGHTS. My girlfriend thinks that the game is insane, because the world is upside-down and right-side up at the same time. That would be Spring Valley for you

Yeah, so I'm positive, maybe stressed from workload, as always, but positive.
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicPickleFairy Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Well, Christmas was just plain great. Spent time with my family, and seeing my friends tomorrow.

Yet my Winter Break will be short due to myself being the workaholic that I am, taking a Winter Term during my break at school. I am taking Creative Writing and Skiing. I am very excited about both classes, since they seem more fun than work.
MagicPickleFairy
MagicPickleFairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down